[WikiEN-l] Process is evil

Dabljuh dabljuh at gmx.net
Sat Aug 19 19:40:19 UTC 2006

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:24:20 +0100
"David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bollocks it does. This fallacious view seems to be held by many on AFD
> - where saying someone's deletion nomination was completely
> wrongheaded, misguided and stupid will get some idiot claiming that
> you have "assumed bad faith" of the nominator. No, I've assumed bad
> *judgement*, with the nomination as the evidence.
> - d.

Of course you are right - you don't "assume bad faith" by calling
someone's misguided, wrongheaded and stupid action such. That's
a matter of subjective perception (as you call it, evidence).

It is however WP:CIVIL and WP:NPA that prevent you from calling it so.

Hint: You can always call someone a troll. It looks like that's
not a personal attack or anything incivil, but a constructive
criticism of someone's editing habit.