[WikiEN-l] Are TV screencaps reputable sources?

Fri Aug 11 11:02:52 UTC 2006

Cool Cat recently created an article called Starfleet
Uniforms<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfleet_Uniforms>,
and it was nominated for deletion as cruft and OR.

The screencaps/promo photos in the article, IMO, acted as a reputable
source. I mean, how else (canonically) are you going to know about the
uniform switch between TOS and TNG? Using a book is not canonical, and
therefore is surely not [[WP:V]].

As for fancruft, how is an article about Starfleet uniforms fancruft. In
some people's opinion, any article to do with any fictional is fancruft. But
is the article on Jean-Luc Picard fancruft? I think not.

Your thoughts?

--
Joe Anderson

[[User:Computerjoe]] on en, fr, de, simple, Meta and Commons.