[WikiEN-l] sign: Will Edit for Food

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 11:12:30 UTC 2006

On 8/8/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> As long as it's only moderately biased, for sure.  A copy & paste of
> the company's press release is more of an issue.  I wonder which we'll
> get?

It's still not much of an issue. Nothing much really *bad* happens
when we have an article that says "J&F Enterprises is a fantastic
business based in California that fights global poverty and reduces
greenhouse emissions while producing the best donuts in the world".
Sooner or later someone will stumble upon it, whack {{NPOV}} and
{{fact}} all over it, and it will be fixed. And no one is going to sue
us in the meantime, and the average reader can *see* that it's not
neutral.

In the scale of things that can go wrong with our articles, positive
bias is not that important. Certainly well behind defamation,
copyright infringements, hoaxes (deliberate misinformation) and
incorrect medical advice, for instance.

Steve