[WikiEN-l] en: well on the way to ... 2 million!

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 15:17:39 UTC 2006

> I'd really like "without redirects" because when I say "ten or twenty"
> above, I mean actual articles - most of what I create is redirects,
> typically when I've typed "wp something" into Firefox or Seamonkey to
> look up something, not found what I expected then had to either
> redirect it to the article or write the article.

Also, do you count stubs in that? I've gotten into a weird habit of
creating stubs about things I don't know anything about, because
sometimes it just seems wrong to "fix" a wrong link by making it a
redlink...

> (I create tons of redirects to enhance our usefulness - a forest of
> sensible redirects helps people find what they're looking for when
> they type something into the search box. Article-space redirects
> should almost never be removed unless they're actually misleading or
> derogatory or something.)

I do this too, scores of them. RfD is an interesting place sometimes,
mostly they seem to hate cross-namespace redirects.

(note that *that* problem would probably go away if we had a
convenient way of searching the Wikipedia project, as opposed to its
encyclopaedic content)

Steve