[WikiEN-l] en: well on the way to ... 2 million!

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 15:10:11 UTC 2006

On 07/08/06, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:

> I did [[Chalk Bluffs]]. I was interested in it because I had lived
> for years within a few miles of this interesting feature but had
> never heard of it or gone out there. I think it is notable enough,
> but I think it is a typical new article. The old days are gone, when
> you could start a new article, like [[Colorado]].

You forgot to categorise it ;-p

Since late April, I've created [[Marc J. Rochkind]], [[Kumler,
Illinois]], [[PALcode]], [[CYGM filter]], [[RGBE filter]],
[[MySociety]], [[Envoy (WordPerfect)]], [[Smart terminal]], [[Smart
Display]] and [[Ctelnet]]. (And a zillion redirectes.)

Most of those are obscurities, the filter array articles should
probably be merged to [[color filter array]], the ones of more than
minor notability are [[MySociety]] and [[Marc J. Rochkind]] and
[[MySociety]] is the only one of ongoing significance.

That said, even an article about something of only the smallest note
can be done *well* and to the sort of quality Jimbo has started asking
for. I'm quite proud of [[Smart Display]] in this regard, for example.

(I also got two more front page features on Uncyclopedia ;-D )

- d.