[WikiEN-l] Re: Policy on breaches of bans

MAURICE FRANK megaknee at btopenworld.com
Sun Oct 23 17:33:14 UTC 2005

>From: Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Re: Policy on breaches of
bans
>To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at wikipedia.org>
><4ed666e60510230918w6e4fca40h54fee2a009fa8c5e at mail.gmail.com>
>
>I like the general outline of this idea, but you
>CANNOT block IPs from
>the Wikipedia namespace. It would break the help
desk, >the reference
>desk, the village pump, afd and general complaints,
>just to name a
>few.
>
>--gkhan

Glad to hear it recognised as common sense for Wiki's
honesty of functioning, that these things can't be
blocked. Because ---  they already are blocked.
Because user blocks include against these pages.

and permablocks can be imposed by an admin who knows
you intend to use one of these pages upon a finite
block's expiry, and none of Wiki's ruling class will
admit that's logically wrong, as I expect you've seen here.