[WikiEN-l] Re: The whole point of wikipedia

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:01:57 UTC 2005

On 20/10/05, Martin Richards <Martin at velocitymanager.com> wrote:
> From: "Tony Sidaway"
>
> > I'm suggesting that it's not around in significant amounts.   I find
> > some now and again.   I find instances of poor quality writing and bad
> > organization more often.  A few articles are prone to link-spamming,
> > others get POV-pushing.  Compared to that, old vandalism is rather
> > rare.
>
> The kind of old vandalims that I find particularly disturbing is stuff like
> this ...

The worst I ever noticed was someone removing the entire "Political
History" section from [[George H. W. Bush]], which meant we had
nothing covering him between 1964 and 1988. This was removed on 26th
November 2004, and I only discovered it on _15th January 2005_.

You have to wonder how no-one noticed it missing in the intervening months...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk