[WikiEN-l] Fix "auto-IP blocks last past the original block" (Bug 856 in Bugzillar)

Ting Chen Wing.Philopp at gmx.de
Sat Oct 8 15:21:23 UTC 2005

Hello folks,

I have just submitted a patch to the problem, that sometimes a user is
blocked longer than is intended. The problem is described as following and
is submitted as Bug 856 in Bugzillar:

If a user is blocked, say for 2 hours. And he tries to make some edit
though. Then the IP he uses would be also blocked for the timespan. If he
tries to make some edit a second time, then his IP would be blocked for
another day, exceeding the priviosly defined 2 hours.

The patch I submitted should fix this bug. The auto-block should never
exceed the user-block in any case.

Thanks
Ting