[WikiEN-l] Fvw's abuse of admin powers

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Sat Oct 8 15:03:48 UTC 2005

> On 10/6/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:
> > If the autoblocker causes so much problems for 3RR blocks, then we
> > could ask the developers to make autoblocking optional. Have a nice
> > clickable 3RR box in the block screen which switches off autoblocking
> > for 3RR blocks.
> >
> > Of course, if one would follow a 1 or 2RR this wouldn't even be an issue.
>
> I'm not inclined to care a whole lot. People who hit the 3RR have
> already gone beyond reasonable editing. Whether they get blocked for
> 24 hours or a week is not that great of a concern to me.
>
> Kelly

You don't care about the length of the block, yet on August 7th,
you didn't think blocking was punitive,  and you thought a violation 24 hours in the past was no longer significant.  Now
the violation is so unreasonable that the length of the block
is no concern.  Care to explain the change of heart?

    Blocking this editor at this point would not serve the purpose
    of the 3RR as the edits are nearly 24 hours old anyway and the
    article is currently protected. Please note that the purpose of
    the 3RR is as a tripwire to stop edit warring; it is not punitive.
    I therefore recommend against blocking him.
    Kelly Martin 14:27, August 7, 2005 (UTC)