[WikiEN-l] How many Arbitrators should we have?

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 17:25:15 UTC 2005

On 10/5/05, Carbonite <carbonite.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
>  In my opinion, it would also be beneficial to create panels of 5-7
> arbitrators so that the ArbCom could multi-task. Each panel would only
> handle a few cases at a time instead of the entire ArbCom having to examine
> the evidence of every open case. This might also help reduce the burnout
> that's inevitable when every arbitrator must hear every case.
>  Carbonite

I would prefer to keep the ArbCom at its current size (or close to it)
and establish lower courts to filter off the relatively easy stuff and
to organize the cases into a form so that when they do appeal the
ArbCom doesn't have to waste as much time marshalling the case.

A few Arbitration Assistants would not be remiss, either.

Kelly