[WikiEN-l] Dispute resolution attempt in the Ashida Kim case

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Oct 4 21:30:25 UTC 2005

Geoff Burling wrote:
> Jimbo has done something that I believe we can all work with: he explained
> *why* this person is non-notable in suitable detail that not only can
> another person debate the reasoning, but if the nomination carries this
> case could be used as a precedent & perhaps become a new guideline. (His
> argument is quite similar to what SlimVirgin had written about using Usenet
> as a source a few months back.)

And additionally, I should note, my presumption of non-notability could
be easily defeated by pointing to an article or two in legitimate
mainstream martial arts magazines.  Or, as in the case of Sollog, a
newspaper article or two about him being eccentric would suffice.

> Maybe the solution for nominations that consist of "non-notable; Delete"
> is to respond "Keep; Why?"

*nod*

"Non-notable; delete" is a pretty lame vote. :-)  But so is "notable; keep".

--Jimbo