[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Commitee Seeking Comment

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Sun Jun 5 20:09:40 UTC 2005

steven l. rubenstein said:

> David, this is an issue I and others have raised repeatedly over the
> past  years: many irresolvable disputes center on content, and
> Wikipedia needs a  mechanism for dealing with these content-based
> disputes.

Why?  If the disputes are irresolvable, why is it necessary to bring in a
deus ex machina to declare a resolution?  Isn't it just more honest to
leave the irresolvable unresolved?  I find this, the current way, quite
satisfactory and if the arbcom really is accepting cases that are in the
realm of content disputes then they should simply be more parsimonious in
the kind of dispute they accept.