[WikiEN-l] Chilling effect

Jtkiefer jtkiefer at wordzen.net
Sun Jul 10 20:06:40 UTC 2005

>"When asked why he blocked me, David Gerard responded
>by saying that he saw no community support for not
>blocking me. I suggest that this could be because of a
>chilling effect of blocking people who criticise
>admins.
>
>I do not know how to make this point in a way which is
>more acceptable to the list. I hypothesis that if
>people are blocked for trying to hold admins
>accountable, the number of people trying to hold
>admins accountable will fall.
>
>Norrath"

I disagree, I see users question of admin's actions all the time, if you
want proof just go to any one of the active admins' user talk pages and
look, you'll see that even though they may not be the majority of
discussions there will still be topics about their decisions whether it
be blocking a user or reverts or protections on a page.  I would show
you diffs but I do not feel that it would be polite to post links to
other users' pages in this situation.

-Jtkiefer