[WikiEN-l] Re: more active censorship

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sat Jul 9 18:33:21 UTC 2005

JAY JG wrote:

> No, it's more liked you've been tossed out of the shop for trespassing,
> but whever the shop door says "back in five minutes" you feel a need to
> go in and look around to see if the owner is back.  Then when you're
> tossed out again for trespassing, you complain that you weren't planning
> to steal anything, you were just trying to find the owner.

In your example, the customer performs the forbidden act ("trespassing")
twice. It therefore bears no relation to the situation at hand.

The more I read from you, Jay, the more I notice that it is full of
strawmen. Which is kind of ironic, because you were usually the one who
most vocally told other people they were setting up strawmen, especially
without explaining why you think they are strawmen.

Timwi