[WikiEN-l] Editing offline

Jake Waskett jake at waskett.org
Sat Jan 29 02:30:31 UTC 2005

What follows is a duplicate of a message sent to the Admin notice board.
Additional comments are in {braces}.

=== [[User:Robert Blair]] ===
I've finally discovered through his [[User talk:Robert Blair|talk page]] that
this user has been editing offline and the installing his edited version over
the top of new articles. This has caused no end of problems, since it is
indistinguishable from reverts {and frequently does effectively revert. it
also overwrites contributions made in the meantime}. I don't think
administrative action (blocks etc) are needed, but what is '''urgently'''
needed is for an experienced Wikipedian to talk to him about this. Can anyone
help? - [[User:Jakew|Jakew]] 01:53, 29 Jan 2005 (UTC)