[WikiEN-l] The Nature of a Wiki, was agenda promotion, was:Re: Original Research versus Point of View

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 21 20:23:22 UTC 2005

steven l. rubenstein wrote

> As you all know I advocate a committee that can mediate especially
> contentious and long-lasting disputes over content, which I admit means
> creating a little more bureaucracy and control.

The key issue for me is not whether, ultimately, there will be some
'control' - I think in the end there will have to be a way of dealing with
the most contentious issues.  But whether control is of content or of
editors.  I believe 'problem content' is to mis-say.

There are problem editors, and control should mean control of those.  In
effect, those who can or will  not voluntarily break out of well-established
patterns of POV editing will have to be restrained.  If others step up to
take their place, likewise (and more rapidly).  No excuses about 'balance'.

None of this implies anyone sitting in judgement over article content, with
any greater rights than the ordinary wikizen.

Charles