[WikiEN-l] The 3RR policy should not always be blindly followed

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 15:54:39 UTC 2005

>From: Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca>

>Since the POV pusher is someone who is repeatedly, consistently and with
>malice aforethought inserting material that goes against Wikipedia policy,
>I think it would be best to expedite the work of ArbCom so that the
>POV-pusher can simply be banned rather than setting up a group of official
>edit warriors whose job is to try out-pushing him on his own terms. I
>believe edit wars would be just as troublesome when they're officially
>sanctioned as when they aren't.

While you have a good point about edit wars, ArbCom is an extremely slow
process even now, when it has sped up considerably.  Considering that it
would first require an attempt at resolution (e.g. RfC, mediation), then
would have to be accepted by ArbCom, evidence gathered and presented, voted
on, then closed, it's hard to imagine this process could take less than a
month.

By the way, I note with some dismay that though most of the new ArbCom
members are working hard cleaning up the backlog, some appear to be AWOL.
I'm not sure why this is the case, since they all volunteered for, and won,
a hard fought election.

Jay.