Original Research versus Point of View, was Re: [WikiEN-l] The 3RR policy should not always be blindly followed

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Tue Jan 18 11:33:28 UTC 2005

The reason for differentiating original research from POV material is that
original research may be removed entirely while to satisfy the Neutral Point
Of View policy POV material must be included and attributed if there are
reliable references which take that point of view or comment on it. It is
never of question of cleverly "neutering" POV material, that would be a POV
violation itself.

I realize this viewpoint is at considerable divergance with the way some
folks interpret NPOV, but if you go back and read the policy, it provides
for inclusion in articles of all points of view which can be established by
reliable references.

Fred