[WikiEN-l] Re: minor issue, but still a npov warning

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Jan 17 01:19:24 UTC 2005

You can't expect to stir shit and keep your stick clean at the same
time.  In their exchange, neither Stan nor Anthere used the word
"conspiracy", but you seemed enthusiastic to impute that motivation.
You may very well find it impossible to imagine that bias intrudes into
a good-faith dispute, so much so that you need to imagine bad faith and
conspiracies just to make sense of it.  Maybe the rest of us do not
derive the same perverted pleasure as you out of being offended.

What I saw in the most recent posts from the two principal participants
was a tone that looked for understanding, not one intended to inflame
passions.

Systemic bias is anything but conspiratorial.  This is quite different
from overt bias.  Those who practise systemic bias usually do so in the
belief that their actions are perfectly moral.  I have to believe a
preacher's bigotted homophobic rants from the pulpit are uttered in good
faith.

Ec