[WikiEN-l] Obscure Copyright

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Wed Jan 12 20:12:19 UTC 2005

I have a document created by a sailor in the [[Kriegsmarine]] during
[[World War II]].  Thus, the document is approximately 60 years old, but
its author didn't die until 1982.  The document has no copyright notice
associated with it and was never published until it was captured by the
Allies after the war.  I can justify a claim to fair use for Wikipedia's
purposes, but I'd like to determine what its copyright status really is.
  Can anyone help me?

--
  Sean Barrett     | I have a plan so cunning you could shave with it.
  sean at epoptic.com |