[WikiEN-l] slow network (due to level 3 communications?)

R E Broadley 20041111 at stardate.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 21:07:13 UTC 2005

I've noticed for quite some time now that the Wikipedia web page is very
very slow to load. I did a traceroute to en.wikipedia.org and it seems
to be a router, 209.247.11.201 (owned by Level 3 Communications in
Broomfield) that adds the most of the delay, rather than the web server
itself..?

I'm pinging from the UK, but I suspect that a lot of the USA (if not
everyone) probably goes via this router also.

Regards,
Ed

PS. Apologies. I suspect this might not be the correct mailing list on
which to mention this.