[WikiEN-l] Registration system and blocks

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat Jan 1 06:33:27 UTC 2005

JAY JG (jayjg at hotmail.com) [050101 07:21]:

> I'm still disturbed with the recent case of a dedicated and extremely
> abusive troll/POV pusher who created a dozen sockpuppets and edited using
> them with near impunity on Wikipedia for months.  His ArbCom case is still
> slowly dragging its way through the process, not even a temporary
> injunction yet.

The ArbCom case is being pushed at the moment (in our first 6 1/2 hours,
the new arbitrators have been hacking away at the backlog ... why am I
still up, and why am I online?).

The socks are blocked and so is the user (for glaring sock abuse for
policy-violating purposes and because we're still sorting out the mess).
Which isn't an entirely elegant solution providing a way forward, but does
stop the abusiveness for the moment.

I'd really like to see a decent wording for 'No personal attacks, block
after warning' that would be objective enough to make it through a vote,
like the last one didn't.

- d.