[WikiEN-l] Confirmations of permission

Nick Boalch n.g.boalch at durham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 18:38:40 UTC 2005

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Even an e-mail record from the author may not be enough.  We have no way of
> knowing or proving whether an electronic permission is in fact from a person
> who is authorized to give that licence.

To be honest I suggest that we cross that bridge as and when we come to
it -- I'm not sure what more we can reasonably be expected to do when it
comes to obtaining confirmation of permission than get a clear statement
by email.

Cheers,

N.

--
Nicholas Boalch
School of Modern Languages & Cultures       Tel: +44 (0) 191 334 3420