[WikiEN-l] Confirmations of permission

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 17:27:08 UTC 2005

On 31/08/05, Michael Turley <michael.turley at gmail.com> wrote:

> When such permissions are explicited granted to the Wikimedia Foundation,
> they should be forwarded to an officer of the foundation in any case. I
> don't know enough about the Wikimedia Foundation to tell you who that is (or
> as indicated above, whether such person exists at this time).

I was just about to suggest that... have an email address at the
foundation to serve as a drop-box for this sort of permissions mail,
so we have a central record of it. This avoids there being a problem
if the requesting editor vanishes/falls under a bus/storms off in a
huff/loses all their mail, but preserves privacy in that unless
there's a pressing need to confirm the license no-one needs to have
access to it.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk