[WikiEN-l] Please remove me from mailing list

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 23:11:53 UTC 2005

On 8/29/05, Phroziac <phroziac at gmail.com> wrote:

> like "plz read!!!!!!!!!"?

 *snicker*
 I've seen this on every mailing list I've ever been on. Several times a
year there is a despairing wail from someone posted to the general list,
asking to be unsubscribed. In every case this is something they can do for
themselves, but they've lost the instructions or they can't understand them
or they've forgotten a password or some other equally silly thing.
 If there's more than a handful, then maybe it's a problem, but otherwise
the moderators spot the message and quietly unsubscribe the member, leaving
the list clear for more important traffic.