[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 20:50:22 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: Michael Turley <michael.turley at gmail.com>
> >On 8/25/05, JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >It was not I who made it a point to mention the history of the users'
> >name as if that added to the legitimacy of blocking the user.
>
> Your inference was not implied by my statement, which was merely explaining
> why the user chose the name, for those who were not familiar with it.

Yeah, sure, that's why you said "indicative of his mindset".

You wrote: "the editor identifies with the Amalekites, either in
identifying with those who
attempted to commit genocide against Israelites, or in feeling he is
targeted for genocide by them.  In either case, it is indicative of
his mindset."

Now you say "indicative of his mindset" has nothing to do with the
topic at hand?  Then why did you mention it?

> >Now
> >that your point has struck your own buttocks,
>
> A point I never made cannot strike my own buttocks.

Not if you deny it ever happened, it cannot.

> >It is not a bannable offense to choose an
> >exterminated nation as a user name.  That's all I was explaining.
>
> Read [[Straw man]] again.  And I'm done feeding you for today as well.
>
> Jay.

If you re-read everything I've written on this subject carefully, I
think you'll find that addressing me as if I were a troll is a very
hostile and unfair thing to do.

I've taken this subject seriously the entire time, and every single
comment has been with the intent of improving Wikipedia.

If you consider that trolling, then I think your judgement is poorer
than the average editor.

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused