[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Thu Aug 25 16:35:24 UTC 2005

> If you don't ever call anything evil, you
> also lose the power to present anything
> as "Good."

Agreed.

> For example, if I refuse to call a serial
> killer 'evil' and just write what he did,
> I also lose the ability to call the detecitive
> who caught him a 'good' person, as all I can
> do is present the facts.

Exactly.

> I would also technically lose the ability
> to say what happened to the victims was 'bad'.

You're getting the hang of this :)

> I know wiki is supposed to have a NPOV, but
> that doesn mean that it has to lack moral
> judgement as well.

I think we should refrain from explicit moral
judgment as much as we can. Here's an example
of an edit I made in that spirit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Margrethe_II_of_Denmark&diff=15143407&oldid=15142093

Queen Margrethe is a chain smoker. Whether that
is a good thing or a bad thing or neither is none
of Wikipedia's business.

Regards,
Haukur