[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Rob gamaliel8 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 19:48:15 UTC 2005

Apparently you are so intent on seeing me as a gutter
dweller for daring to disagree with you that you can't
see an obvious joke for what it was. No need for your
implied threats, though I find it ironic that you'd
make them in the same post while you claim you find it
 "utterly wrong to bar people from Wikipedia because
of what views they hold."

This entire discussion (and the rest of these comments
are about this thread in general and not your post in
particular) has long passed the point of usefulness so
I'm going to try to limit my participation in it
unless someone refers to me as pathological again.
Apparently many of you find the profession of hatred
of Nazis offensive; what I find offensive is that so
many of you are willing to make other editors deal
with these Nazis in the name of your principles.
Terms like "rights" and "day in court" are
inapplicable.  This is not a court and not a democracy
and not a free speech forum.  In those areas, Nazis
should have the rights of anyone else.  This is an
encyclopedia.  You're here to make this an accurate,
NPOV encyclopedia, or you're in the way.  We just have
to decide how much crap you want other people to put
up with before we decide these people have wasted
enough of our time.

Gamaliel

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk:

You should be aware that you're beginning to sound an
awful lot like the very
people you oppose. Do not make any more comments of
this nature in this forum.
We certainly wouldn't allow neo-Nazis to post such
comments (mutatis mutandis).

I believe it is utterly wrong to bar people from
Wikipedia because of what
views they hold, regardless of how unpopular or
repellent those views are.
Moreover, I think it would hinder us in our goal of
building a complete and
NPOV encyclopedia to do so.