[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 17:23:52 UTC 2005

--- Haukur Þorgeirsson <haukurth at hi.is> wrote:
> > The issue was about banning *one* user, who
> > edited disruptively, targetted a list of Wikipedians
> > for attack, and said pretty nasty and vile things
> > about them in particular, and Jews in general.
>
> He did not edit disruptively.

Quite, I agree with Haukur. I don't see that he edited disruptively or called
for Wikipedia or its users to be attacked. He made some very obnoxious
comments, but we don't normally block people for their behaviour outside of the
project.

I propose we lift the ban, as it A) wasn't made in accordance with our policy;
and B) there is no consensus for the ban.

If, as people have claimed, he is here only to disrupt the project, then this
will become immediately apparent from his edits, and he can be swiftly dealt
with at that point.

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com