[WikiEN-l] Nazis and Banning -- NPOV and respect.

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 15:32:22 UTC 2005

One does not have to be Jewish to abhor Nazi philosophy.

One must be respectful of people regardless of the opinions they
hold.

One must be inpartial in the level of care  one exercises in the
creation the Wikipedia. All users bring in POV, and all users help
each other balance POV into NPOV.

--- Richard Rabinowitz <rickyrab at eden.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> As a Jewish person, I don't like Naziism one bit. I do recognize
> that
> Nazis are folks like you and me.  Nonetheless, my distaste for
> Naziism is
> not the reason that I advocate keeping a close watch on Nazis for
> Wikipedia. I advocate this because they have vowed to make POV
> edits to
> Wikipedia, and such edits are contrary to Wikipedia rules. If a
> Nazi
> should pop up, we should watch them closely and ban them when they
> start
> fouling our stream of knowledge with biased, worthless tripe (if
> they do).

Chris Mahan
818.943.1850 cell
chris_mahan at yahoo.com