[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

homey2005 at sympatico.ca homey2005 at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 23 15:10:16 UTC 2005

> From: Jack Lynch <jack.i.lynch at gmail.com>
>
> There is nothing special about nazi's that allows you to block them on
> sight. In order for that to occur, some substantial policies would
> need to be changed. As is, someone who is a murderer IRL is allowed to
> edit, much less some member of an unpopular forum.
>
> Jack (Sam Spade)

http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2005-February/019013.html
[WikiEN-l] Neo-nazis to attack wikipedia
Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Feb 7 01:45:54 UTC 2005

JAY JG wrote:
>  I can see that once they figure out how to game the 3RR, permanent
> changes to article content is next.

We'll just change the rules.  I'll just start blocking Nazis at whim
if I have to.  I'll initiate legal action if appropriate.

If they want to play games with us, fine.  This is Calvinball -- we
make up the rules, so we win.  Easy.

--Jimbo