[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Tue Aug 23 19:20:09 UTC 2005

> It is an encyclopedia where such a hateful
> and absurd dogma as Nazi-ism has no place.

Go and VfD [[Nazism]], then. However absurd it may be, it is an
historically important dogma which needs a careful, detailed and *neutral*
treatment in a serious encyclopedia. Furthermore, WP:NPOV states:

"Wikipedia policy is that all articles should be written from a neutral
point of view: without bias, representing all majority- and
significant-minority views fairly."

The nazi point of view is, at least historically, a significant minority
view. By our own "absolute and non negotiable" NPOV policy we should
welcome articulate thoughtful nazis* as contributors to ensure this POV is
represented fairly.

> For the record, yes, I am in support of oppressing
> Nazis with every legal means at our disposal, and
> perhaps some illegal ones if we get really bored.

Thank you for that frank statement.

Regards,
Haukur

* This may or may not be the empty set.