[WikiEN-l] The WikiProject War

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 15:25:58 UTC 2005

On 8/23/05, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Er - WikiProjects are supposed to be used to generate agree-upon standards to
> use in the presentation of a tightly related set of articles. This, however,
> looks like an advocacy group. I am not sure I'm comfortable with that.
>
> -- mav

I'd say that that is a bit narrow of a definition of a wikiproject.
For instance Countering Systematic Bias, Spoken Wikipedia and
WikiProject Grammar are all well established wikiprojects that don't
follow your definition. I'm sure there are plenty more, but those are
just off the top of my head. Can't we just say that a wikiproject is a
project to improve a specialized area of wikipedia? I think that is a
much better way to define it.

--gkhan