[WikiEN-l] Viral marketing?

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Aug 16 17:04:00 UTC 2005

Alphax wrote:
> They are abusing our site for corporate gain! Surely we have every right
> to block them! They at least owe us an apology for misusing our
> resources like this.

I think you might want to followup on how the story played out.  There's
basically zero chance in my opinion that this was an intentional thing
by the BBC itself.

Remember, we know a lot of people at the BBC.  They are fans of
Wikipedia.  They *get it* at the BBC about the Internet in a way that I
have found very rare in my now numerous talks to people at media companies.

--Jimbo