[WikiEN-l] Viral marketing?

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 10:19:35 UTC 2005

On 8/16/05, Alphax <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't read the stories, but some nutter in the marketing department
> will probably not respond to diplomacy. And meanwhile, we, the
> community, have to put up with this crap. We don't go and abuse their
> services, do we?? People need to learn that Wikipedia has power far
> beyond deleting and blocking.

Just quietly, but if you were looking at people NOT to make made at
you, the BBC and other large mass media organisations would be top of
the list.

The sensible thing to do would be to talk it over behind the scenes,
rather than start calling hostile press conferences and mobilising the
troops to conduct illegal operations.

--
Peter in Canberra