[WikiEN-l] I better shut up (was vfd RFC)

steve v vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 01:42:03 UTC 2005

Its just not the way to do things which are systemic
and process-related. These socially-based processes
need to be looked at wholistically to see how they
work in relation to what WP needs. Weve got Arbcom,
Medcom, RFC, VFD, Cleanup, etc. etc. etc, but little
general oversight powers to reform these. Perhaps even
a VFD committee would be useful:

Ive noticed a lot of one-time registrants can
influence a VFD - Lost Liberty Hotel should have been
toast, but without definitive process, consensus wound
up keeping it. (Thats an article which I think I'll
delete unilaterally. Again.)

Single leader = definitiveness, closed debate
Open democracy = open debate, lack of cohesion
It's somewhat cyclical.

SV