[WikiEN-l] Unusual block

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 18:10:41 UTC 2005

On 8/2/05, gutergeiger2 at t-online.de <gutergeiger2 at t-online.de> wrote:
> User:Mikkalai blocked me on August 8 for trolling.

I don't understand how these edits were trolling. Users can be blocked
for being disruptive, but I don't see any evidence of that here.
Admittedly, the user hasn't done a lot of useful work in the article
namespace yet, but he's only been editing for a week and only made 25
edits in total anyway.

As far as I can tell, "Chosen One" wasn't warned before the block and
had never had any contact with Mikkalai.

I also don't understand why the user's user page and talk page were
deleted. They had nothing offensive on them and the deletion hides the
fact from non-admins that the user wasn't blocked and hadn't made
inappropriate user page edits, which is what is implied by the
deletion.

Angela