[WikiEN-l] Re: April Fool's Day

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 1 20:59:44 UTC 2005

Rick wrote

> And how do we clean up all of the leftover hoaxes?  Or
> do we just say, "Oh, well, that was created on April
> 1, we'll just live with it."?

I don't know about anyone else - but I've deleted [[Google Gulp]] many times
already.  And comparable things.

You know, the (rest of the) media have made a big deal about the
self-healing properties of WP; as they are apparently more reliable, there's
a chance it's true.

Admittedly I was a bit baffled when 'block' a user became 'crush by
elephant'.  I do hope that's not permanent.

Actually, I was just reading in the papers today an LA Times editorial
complaining that Americans were importing too many colloquial expressions
from British English.  Perhaps a bit of the more traditional 'stiff upper
lip, Carruthers' might help with these minor crises.

Charles