[WikiEN-l] Re: A user seems to have spent the day reverting articles which appeared to be legitamite edits

R E Broadley 20041111 at stardate.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 11:51:15 UTC 2004

Tim,

I have double checked (you had me wondering!), and I stand by what I
said in the email yesterday. I've included my replies below.

>> R E Broadley wrote:
>>
>>> When I went back to the users talk page, I noticed that they had
>>> deleted
>>> their talk page, along with the recent discussion on the reverts, but
>>> thanks to Wikipedia history, I managed to capture the URL of a version
>>> where the discussion was still there. It is here below:-
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=User_talk:RickK&oldid=7859165#Articles_reverted_but_no_reason_given
>>

>> The reverts in question look fine to me. The edits were:
>>
>> * Unexplained removal of text saying that the gospels were "compiled
>> from a much larger literature in 327AD under the orders of
>> Constantine the Great", rolled back

^ Why was this rolled back? Was it factually incorrect? If so, why
doesn't RickK say this and how he knows it to be incorrect? It looked
like a good-faith edit to me.

>> * Sneaky removal of an asterisk, breaking a bulleted list, rolled back

^ Someone else added the asterisk, fixing a bullet list. RickK rolled
back the fix!

>> * Unexplained deletion of a paragraph, rolled back

^ Again, the other way around. RickK's revert causes the unexplained
deletion.

>> RickK was not correcting spelling or removing biased information, he
>> was reverting deletion. I think he was well within his rights to
>> remove this  complaint from his talk page. I wouldn't mind if the
>> complainant was removed from this mailing list either.

^ I hope you'll permit other people to validate which of us in correct
first.

>> -- Tim Starling

Thanks,
Edmund