[WikiEN-l] Re: Learn PHP

Catherine Munro artslave at usa.net
Fri Nov 26 04:39:55 UTC 2004

>  Robin Shannon <robin.shannon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Count me in for learning PHP in a group. I'd love to
> > contribute but
> > dont have the skills... yet. Anyone else?
> >
> > [[User:The bellman]]
> > rjs

I'd be willing to learn PHP too; it has just seemed very daunting to take
on by myself.   A small group that can work together to learn the ropes
(and not take up too much of the developers' precious time with repeating
the same answers for a dozen different individual students) would be a
great thing.

BTW, I ran across an article about analyzing the development of large-scale
PHP projects, which might help for something like MediaWiki that's been
developed in so many small pieces.  A Development Infrastructure for PHP
(by Tony Marston) is
here:  http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/infrastructure.html   It's a
little over my head, I've only been skimming it to get some ideas on what
I'm getting into, but it looks like it *might* be of use to our heroic
development team.

Anyway, count me in.

Catherine
[[User:CatherineMunro]]