[WikiEN-l] Interwiki links for the Icelandic decade articles.

Gerrit gerrit at nl.linux.org
Tue Nov 23 11:21:57 UTC 2004

Zoney wrote:
> Yep, the 1st of January, 2001 was the beginning of the 21st century!
> Hence the amusement of the better educated at the big celebrations on
> 31st December 1999! Not to mention the fact that it's a tad odd anyway
> even to mark the true change of millenium. (A rather arbitrary date,
> especially considering the re-jigging of our oft-times dubious Western
> calendar system!)

Of course the millenium started in January 2001. However, even knowing
it, one could very well celebrate it. Because what truely excited people
was not being in the third millenium, but that *four* digits changed in
one moment. This is still true and always will be.

> However, are the English Wikipedia articles currently set up according
> to the correct system, or the incorrect one?

Correct.

Gerrit.

--
Weather in Lulea / Kallax, Sweden 23/11 10:50:
	-19.0°C   wind 2.2 m/s NW (34 m above NAP)
    -Dwight David Eisenhower, January 17, 1961