[WikiEN-l] Thumbnail killing spree

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Wed Mar 31 21:03:07 UTC 2004

As those of you who look at the minor edits on RC no doubt have noticed,
I've been going around for some days replacing thumbnail images with
links to their "larger version" with the appropriate thumbnail code. The
original thumbnail image gets obsolete in the process.

I have now started searching for images with "thumb" in their name. I
will delete all those thumbnails that
* are not linked to by some page other than an "upload log", and
* have a larger version on wikipedia
unless someone has a counter-argument.

Otherwise, feel invited to join me on this mindless task! ;-)

Maybe we should have a bot for this. Or a maintenance page. Well, if
geoffrin is to be resurrected after all...

Magnus