[WikiEN-l] Re: Trolls

Dan Miller meelar2 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 15:35:12 UTC 2004

> fabiform-
>
> > Tim Starling posted a link to IRC today about
> trolls,
> > and I was interested to see that the kind called
> "The
> > Abstract" fitted Irismeister to a T:
> > http://www.io.com/~zikzak/troll_thesis.html#3.3
>
> This thesis is itself a troll, written by "Amy
> Dhala" (a pun on "Amidala",
> a character in the Star Wars universe and frequently
> the subject of
> Slashdot trolling posts). Most if not all the data
> is completely invented.
> There are many clues throughout the paper, such as
> "Only 2 people, known
> as Rob M. and Jeff B. used poppers" in the "drug
> use" section (Rob Malda
> and Jeff Bates are the founders of Slashdot).
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik

So that post about trolling and "The Abstract" was
really just a troll who was an abstract? Whoah, man.
It's like...the whole universe might be just ONE GRAIN
OF SAND, MAN.

Whoah.

Meelar

=====
"If the Democratic policies had been pursued over the last two or three years, the kind of tax increases that both Kerry and [Sen. John] Edwards [D-N.C.] have talked about, we would not have had the kind of job growth we've had."

-- Vice President Cheney, in an MSNBC interview March 2, lending his perspective to the economy's loss of 2.2 million jobs over three years.