[WikiEN-l] Re: An odd webpage - did Michael write it?

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 01:58:19 UTC 2004

In message <405A4A26.7060509 at hotmail.com>, Tim Starling
<ts4294967296-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> writes
>Arwel Parry wrote:
>> Michael is still around. I was on meta about three days ago when he
>>turned up and I had an entertaining 20 minutes or so blocking half a
>>dozen users he created and clearing up the mess once I confirmed to my
>>satisfaction that it was him!
>
>Michael's obsession with Wikipedia defies reason. For 9 months, he has
>been adding information about several bands to Wikipedia, only to have
>it consistently and rapidly removed. First to the English wiki, then to
>meta, simple and even on es and pl using a machine translator.

I'm relieved there's no such thing as an English-to-Welsh machine
translator!

>When he's not posting inaccurate information about bands, he's making
>fun of Hephaestos or other administrators. Ordinary wikipediholics like
>ourselves at least have something to show for our efforts. Will Michael
>eventually realise how much time he's wasting and do something useful
>with his life? Or will his obsession continue throughout adulthood?

At least his user names are quite easy to spot (I didn't think George W.
Bush would really spend time contributing to meta about "Death by Streo"
(sic)...). I do hope he'll grow up some day soon, though.

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/