[WikiEN-l] Re: My dear friends Erik and Anthere

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 18:24:06 UTC 2004

Poor, Edmund W a écrit:
> Ma cherie amie und meine freuden,
>
> Pardon my French and German spelling, please!
>
> Both of you, my dear friends, have been doing an excellent job and
> working hard to help Wikipedia. I don't think either of you has done
> anything wrong about the Mediation discussion boards.
>
> However abrupt or rough the request may have been to hand over control
> of the Mediation board, it's nonetheless a reasonable request.
>
> Sometimes misunderstandings arise, due to language nuances not being
> well understood -- or due to quick vs. slow ways of doing things, or
> "intrusive" vs. "collaborative".
>
> Let's put this in the past, shall we?
>
> Being the first to apologize doesn't bring any shame down upon a party
> to a conflict. Rather it shows who's "the bigger man", the one who cares
> the most about the relationship. It only raises everyone's opinion of
> you! :-)
>
> Ed Poor, aka Uncle Ed

Hum ?
I apologize for having used words which were perhaps a bit harsh toward
  Erik (harsh : dur, bourru, rude, sévère, âpre ... that should be what
I mean...).

I am convinced he was thinking he was doing the best, and I know he
absolutely not acted in bad faith. He was well-meaning and dedicated to
help things work properly. As always.

I thank him for setting up the board for us, which was much appreciated,
and I now thank him in advance for offering the administration now to
Sannse.

This last sentence is a consensual opinion of those of the committee who
expressed themselves today, as well as some people on this mailing list,
and Jimbo.

PS Tonton Ed...j'aime bien l'idée d'être le 'bigger man' :-) Sexiste va!