[WikiEN-l] Re: Mediation board

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Thu Mar 18 13:42:48 UTC 2004

Anthere-

> The message you missed on the board was one in which I replied in kind
> to your appreciation for my time and thanked you for helping clean up
> after the party. [[User:Bird|Bird]] 03:43, 18 Mar 2004 (UTC)

Yes, I remember that message. The comment "thank you for helping clean up"
made me think that this thread was dead and could be safely removed, given
that the other messages were blanked.

> I recognise your hard work Erik, and I recognise your dedication. I
> never said you did this deletion ill-meaning, not even that it was an
> error, because I know you did so thinking well. But this post was
> important, and it was not your to decide it was crap.

Yes, it was. At the time I was the only administrator of the board and I
did exactly what I was supposed to do. As a matter of fact, I remember
actively *offering* moderator status on the board. So far, nobody had
applied to me for moderator status, so I was the only moderator as well.
The message board was my idea, I configured it, I volunteered to maintain
it. It is completely unfair to attack me for doing what I was supposed to
do at the time.

What I question is the way you brought this issue to the fore, the public
message, the "we are being oppressed!" tone, the "this is none of your
business!" type comments, the "just like with 168" insinuation. The next
time you have an issue with something I do, I would very much appreciate
it if you would tell me so in private so we can seek a resolution, instead
of screaming bloody murder without just cause.

As should be obvious by now, I am just as interested in making the board
"run itself" as you are. But as a mediator, I really expect more from you
in terms of interpersonal communication. This whole thread was completely
avoidable and took us all away from doing more useful things. This is not
the first time you have brought up matters in public that could have been
resolved in private. I hope it is the last time.

Erik