[WikiEN-l] Re: Quickpolls - solving the edit war problem

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 22:40:54 UTC 2004

Erik Moeller a écrit:
> Please look at
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Quickpolls
>
> It is a proposed polling system for backing up sysop and developer
> decisions in cases like 24 hour bans or emergency desysoppings. Not a
> voting system per se but more a way to confirm that the community is
> behind a certain action before it is taken. 80% approval is needed for any
> quickpoll.
>
> There's a poll on the talk page (of course!) on whether we want to use
> this scheme, and what could be done to improve it.
>
> In light of this, please also reconsider your vote on the 24 hour policy.
>
> Contrary to Martin's spamming policy, I'm also putting a notice on the
> talk pages of those who voted against that policy (that seems to be the
> best way to deal with votes where the options have changed).

I am glad you did. I do not see this as spam, nor did I see this other
person attempt to have us sent press release as spam either. I, but
perhaps others as well, do not follow well, the usual canal of
information that may be the pump. as long as "adverstisement" does not
inflate and is direct and relevant request, it is not spam.