[WikiEN-l] Quickpolls - solving the edit war problem

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Mar 14 22:21:21 UTC 2004

Please look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Quickpolls

It is a proposed polling system for backing up sysop and developer
decisions in cases like 24 hour bans or emergency desysoppings. Not a
voting system per se but more a way to confirm that the community is
behind a certain action before it is taken. 80% approval is needed for any
quickpoll.

There's a poll on the talk page (of course!) on whether we want to use
this scheme, and what could be done to improve it.

In light of this, please also reconsider your vote on the 24 hour policy.

Contrary to Martin's spamming policy, I'm also putting a notice on the
talk pages of those who voted against that policy (that seems to be the
best way to deal with votes where the options have changed).

Regards,

Erik