[WikiEN-l] Re: Root and Branch - it's the only way.

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 15:51:48 UTC 2004

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen a écrit:

>     Ok, Maybe you want them to be able to impose short bans, protect
>     pages...
>

> Yup. For starters..
>
>     What?
>

> Anything that will give timely relief, but will not be so heavy as to be
> considered a serious sanction which previously would have been the sole
> prerogative of Jimbo. Basically anything that won't cause the general
> editorship or your operation to cry foul.
>
> J-V Heiskanen

Another suggestion...

In a mediation that took place early on, a mediator asked information
about ip number of two people.
He did not mean to have these publicly disclosed, but having that
information apparently would have been great help for him to settle a
few points in the mediation process.

He asked twice the mailing list, and never got any answer.
He finally had to ask Jimbo for help
By the time a developer was here and available and willing to help, the
information was no more recoverable (so I understood).

I will cite some words by Jussi

Are there technical facilities besides the bulletin board that we could
and should have at our disposal?

Or are there justifieable fears of misuse? Should there be a
non-mediator (an arbitrator perhaps) specifically tasked with providing
special technical assistance for mediators?

What do you think ?