[WikiEN-l] Re: Transition to WikiDemocracy

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 05:02:27 UTC 2004

Well, that lets me out.  Do I hear the sound of applause?

RickK

Sheldon Rampton <sheldon.rampton at verizon.net> wrote:
Ed Poor wrote:

>Wikipedia has grown so large that it is no longer possible to rely on
>so-called soft security.

I agree. Here's my solution:

(1) Require people to register, providing a verifiable email address
that is not yahoo or hotmail, as a precondition for contributing.
(Alternately, restrict the NUMBER of contributions that a
non-registered individual can contribute within a 24-hour period.)